Stumbled upon QuickBooks error 6190 and 816 and don’t know how to fix it? QuickBooks error code 6190 816 appears when multiple users make an attempt to open the company file in single user mode. It is also seen if there is a discrepancy between the transaction file and the company file. Moreover, the system is not able to accept the changes which could end up in QuickBooks error 6190 and 816. It comes with an error message stating “QuickBooks was unable to open the file on host computer”. Resolving the issue will become easy, if you follow the steps below. Or you can also ask our experts and certified QuickBooks professionals to fix the error on your behalf. Call us at 1-844-405-0907, and our experts will be happy to assist you.
What leads to the error?
- This could also occur if the user is trying to access the company files when it is on the single user mode
- Update failure resulting from updating a file on a different system without updating the transaction file can result in these errors
- If the transaction log file might not be matching the company file
- Or in case of data corruption in the data file
Using QuickBooks file doctor tool to fix the error
The user can get rid of the QuickBooks error 6190 816 with the help of QuickBooks file doctor tool. The steps to be followed are:
- The very first step is to download and install QuickBooks file doctor tool
- And then run the tool
- After that, login as admin, if not already
- Two options will appear on the screen: Network connectivity only and both file damage and network connectivity
- Also, select the first option as that will detect all the corrupted and damaged files and fix the QuickBooks error
- Enter the password when prompted
- And lastly, the user will be asked if the file is on workstation or server. The user should select accordingly and then click on proceed
It is expected that after reading this post, you would be able to fix the QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816. But, if in case you are still facing similar issue, then give us a call right away and our QuickBooks Pro Support professionals will be there to help you and will fix the error permanently.