QuickBooks Error The attempt to log in with the username Admin failed
Are you searching for a way out from the QuickBooks Error ‘The attempt to log in with username Admin failed’? This article shall succor you with various troubleshooting methods for sorting this technical intricacy. Make sure that you visit this article keenly till the very end.
While opening the company file, you may see the error The attempt to log in with the QuickBooks user name admin failed. It usually appears after a user has already logged into the company file. Several other causes may lead to this error. Before jumping onto the troubleshooting methods, let us brief you on various causes of the error.
You may also read : How to Troubleshoot the WDDM Service Not Running in QuickBooks Error?
Reasons behind this Error Code
- The administrator account is already logged in to the Company file
- The username you’re trying to log in with is already logged in to a different workstation
- Network issue caused by power failure.
Quick Guide to Fix this QuickBooks Error
This segment shall guide you through the effectual methods to be implemented for resolving the Error Code. Follow each method and check if your problem gets solved. If it continues to pop up, then proceed to the following method(s).
You may also read : How to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error Code C = 184?
Method 1: Run the’ Quick Fix My Program’ feature of ‘ QuickBooks Tool Hub.’
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a holistic tool that helps eliminate the errors and bugs encountered in QuickBooks Desktop software. You can troubleshoot a wide range of errors by using various features offered by this tool. To make use of this tool, follow the uncomplicated procedure mentioned below:
Step 1: Download and launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and press ‘CTRL+J’ to navigate to your download. Select ‘QuickBooksToolsHub.exe’ from ‘downloads’
- Now you need to allow for any modifications by clicking on ‘Yes.’
- Click ‘Next’ to install it, then ‘Yes’ to accept the license agreement.
- Choose ‘Next’ to ‘Install.’
- The procedure can take some time to complete.
- Click ‘Finish’ after the installation is finished.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub now.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix My Program
- Open ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub.’
- Click the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ option under the ‘Program Problems’
- Once the process is finished, open QuickBooks and see if the error ‘The attempt to log in with the user name Admin failed’ got fixed. If not, follow the following method.
Method 3: Use a different User Account to Login
There may be some issues associated with your user account, resulting in this error in QuickBooks. To sort this out, you should attempt logging in through some other user ID and check if the error still appears or not. If you’re still facing the error again, try restarting your computer.
Method 4: Reboot your Computer
If the problem persists after completing the procedures above, the system must be restarted.Once restarted, open QN software and try accessing the company file again. If the same snag continues to occur, follow the method mentioned below.
Method 5: Restore Recent Company File Backup
You must have created a backup of your Company file recently. Restoring the backup of the file may solve the issue. Follow the steps below to restore your Company File successfully.
- Choose ‘File’ from the menu bar.
- Choose between ‘Open’ and ‘Restore Company.’
- Click on ‘Restore a backup copy.’ Subsequently, choose ‘Next.’
- Now, select ‘Local backup.’
- Again click on ‘Next.’
- Go to the location where your Company file backup is saved. (This file shall have a ‘.qbb’ extension).
- Once you identify the backup file, select it and click on ‘Open.’
- Now, to restore the backup file, follow the on-screen instructions.
- You must replace the existing data to restore the backup company file.
- You can rename the previous company file name to avoid overwriting existing data.
- Once the backup is finished, open QuickBooks Desktop again and check if the error got uprooted.
You may also read : How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 or 6000, 106?
That brings us to a conclusion.
We expect that by implementing the foregoing methods, you must have successfully gotten rid of the QuickBooks Error ‘The attempt to login with the username Admin failed.’ There might be a possibility that the error still keeps popping up. If that is the case, we recommend that you immediately contact our Support Team. Our team will bridge any gap causing the error and ensure that your issue gets resolved.