How to Create a Website: A Guide to Building Your Website
To succeed in today’s business world, you need to know how to create a professional website. This is true whether you are building a small physical store or an online or e-commerce business. Even when you sell yourself as a brand, either to entrepreneurs or as a freelancer, you need to have an online presence for people to find you and from where you can grow your business.
Having a juztsam best website design makes your business look more professional immediately. A professional website allows you to communicate with your customers and keep them up to date on what you are doing, while helping to attract new ones. Also, if you do it right, your website can be an important tool for building your brand personality and style.
Ready to create a website yourself and take your online business to the next level? This step-by-step guide for beginners will walk you through the process and help you make the right decisions to make your website stand out from the crowd.
Decide the purpose of your website
Before you start designing your website, you need to define exactly what you need your website to do. Looking to sell goods and services directly to customers, or do you need a convenient source of information where people can learn about your business? Or maybe both
Be as specific as possible about what your goals are. For example, you might want:
- Sell physical or digital products or services
- Create a place where local customers find your hours, prices, or other information about your business
- Communicate your brand identity and message
- Post announcements and updates
- Show customer reviews and testimonials
- Move leads through your sales pipeline
- You can have more than one goal on your website, as long as you have a strategy to achieve each of them.
For example, if one of your main goals is to get potential customers to buy, how will your website do it? Will you post explainer videos and product or service details, so people can learn more before talking to a sales rep? Do you plan to target potential customers who are at the first step of the process and generate the first spark of interest? Or will you have sections for both types of leads?
The more specific the information, the easier it will be to make decisions about how to build your website.
Choose a custom domain
The first thing your website needs is a domain. Your domain is your base on the Internet and your poster so that the world can find you. Imagine it as the virtual version of your store window.
Select the domain name
Your domain name is what people will type into their web browsers to find you. You want it to be memorable and original, and also fit in with your business. Don’t worry, getting one is easier than it seems.
If you have a business name, start by finding out if that custom name is available as a domain. If not, see if adding location information would help. For example, if “caroldoghairdresser” is taken, try “caroldoghairdressermilwaukee”.
An alternative can be used if your business name is long or complex. In that case, the shortening may work well: “DCHabogados” for “Law Firm of Dewey, Cheetem and Howe”, for example. Notice that this name includes the type of business, lawyers, in the domain. That makes it easy to remember and for search engines to know what kind of content users can expect to see.
Select a domain extension
When selecting your domain, you will also need to select an extension. The classic .com should be your first choice, unless you are a non-profit organization, because people tend to write .com at the end of websites by default. Other options include:
- .net for technology companies
- .org for nonprofit organizations
- .info for information-only sites
- .club for interest groups
Buy or connect your domain
With Juztsam, it’s easy to shop, search, and purchase a. You can sign up and pay directly through the website, and then start building your custom website using the drag and drop website builder. (We’ll talk about it later).
If you’ve already purchased a domain, you can connect it to Juztsam for free. Just follow the illustrated instructions to link to the company that sold you the domain in the first place.
Learn more about how to get a free domain name from Juztsam and how our offer compares to the competition.
Choose an accommodation
Every website needs web hosting. A host is a company that sells or rents data space on its servers. That space becomes the home of your website and contains all the information for each page you build. To understand it better, you can think of your hosting company as a property manager on the Internet.
Hosting providers offer two types of hosting. These are:
- Shared hosting, in which multiple websites share storage space on a single server. Each site has its own section of the server, so everyone’s information is kept safe.
- Dedicated hosting, in which a website has an entire server to itself. This type of hosting is used by most large sites like Google and Amazon, which have thousands of pages and large amounts of data traffic.
- Startups do well with shared hosting, and Juztsam provides it for free. If you’re done with the step of buying a domain name from Juztsam, or connected a domain you bought elsewhere, Juztsam is already your host for that site.